Kate Erickson (the other half of Entrepreneurs on Fire, and wife of John Lee Dumas) shares her journey from a corporate career, to meeting JLD, to becoming a part of EO Fire, to how she manages and streamlines EO Fire, and about the benefits of moving to Puerto Rico.
Entrepreneurship is a full-time job, and it takes a lot of time and effort to build a successful business. But it's not easy to manage time effectively when you're also juggling family, work, and other responsibilities. That's why Kate, who used to be a corporate employee, decided to become part of Entrepreneurs on Fire. She knows that it takes dedication and patience to succeed as an entrepreneur, and she's learned how to manage her time effectively by following some simple tips. Here are five time-management tips that will help you succeed as an entrepreneur:
• Set realistic goals. Don't try to do too much at once – instead, focus on achieving small goals that will help you move closer to your larger goal. This will help you stay motivated and focused throughout the process.
• Prioritize your tasks. Make sure that you spend your time on tasks that are most important to your business. This will help you avoid wasting time on tasks that aren't essential or that can be completed more quickly or easily by someone else.
• Set deadlines for yourself and stick to them. This will help you stay organized and motivated, and it will also give you a sense of accomplishment when you reach your goals.
• Get organized. If you want to be successful as an entrepreneur, you need to be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously without feeling overwhelmed or stressed out. One way to achieve this is by using a system like GTD (Getting Things Done).
• Take breaks every now and then. It's important to allow yourself time for relaxation and recreation – this will help you recharge your batteries and come back stronger than before.
• Set aside time each day for your business. Whether it's 30 minutes or an hour, make sure you have dedicated time each day to work on your business. This will help you stay organized and keep track of progress.
• Use technology to help manage your time. There are many tools available to help you manage your time more effectively, including timers, calendars, and task managers (like Trello or Asana). Use these tools to help organize your work schedule and track progress.
• Ask for help when needed. If you find yourself struggling to manage your time, don't be afraid to ask for help from friends or family members who are experienced in entrepreneurship or banking. They may be able to offer advice or assistance in completing specific tasks.
Entrepreneurship is all about creating something new and exciting. But it's also about managing your time wisely so you can achieve your goals. One of the most important tools for time management for entrepreneurs is systems for content creation. This means creating a schedule and sticking to it, so you can focus on producing high-quality content that will help your business grow. Another key factor in successful entrepreneurship is batching content. This means producing content in small batches instead of all at once. This helps you stay focused and produce better quality work overall. By using these systems and following a schedule, you'll be able to manage your time more effectively and achieve your goals as an entrepreneur.
[00:00 - 07:12] The Benefits of Working Together as a Couple in Business
• Sarah is the host of the Frugalpreneur podcast and her guest today is Kate Erickson, the podcast host of Kate's Take and the other half of Entrepreneurs on Fire with John Lee Dumas.
• Kate grew up very career minded, going to college and graduating with a degree in English. She worked in banking before becoming a part of John Lee Dumas' team at Entrepreneurs on Fire.
[07:12 - 14:25] How to Create Systems to Streamline Your Business
• Kate shares advice on how to create systems and manage time to be successful as a solo entrepreneur
• She emphasizes the importance of setting realistic expectations and breaking goals down into manageable tasks
• Systems that can help a business include content creation, lead generation, awareness, authority, and credibility.
• Kate recommends using software programs like Asana and Airtable to manage tasks and projects.
[21:34 - 26:55] 3 Reasons Kate and John Moved to Puerto Rico and Love It
• The couple moved to Puerto Rico in order to take advantage of the tax incentives available there.
• They found an awesome community and are able to visit family frequently.
• Puerto Rico is a US territory, so they don't need passports or US dollars.
• There are some rules around how much time the couple can spend in one place, but these are manageable.
John Lee Dumas (also referred to as JLD) of EOFire.com is here, ready to ignite, and drop value. He talks about the differences between podcasting back in 2012 when he started, to 2022, and beyond. In short: what worked then …
Jordan Harbinger shares his story from being fired from a popular podcast of 11 years, to building up his own solo show in just 8 months. He talks about some of his big-name guests, how he got them, and how …
Brendan Kane (author of One Million Followers and Hook Point ) has worked with Fortune 500 corporations, brands, and celebrities including Taylor Swift, Rihanna, MTV, NHL, Sony, Paramount, Lionsgate, and more. He talks to us ...
Mike Michalowicz details how our marketing efforts can stand out in a crowded market with his D.A.D. method from his book, Get Different, releasing 9/21/21.
Our guest for today is one heck of a Rockstar. Pat Flynn is an expert in affiliate marketing, podcasting, blogging, course creation, email marketing, and more. There’s nothing this guy can’t do! He is the host of the Smart Pa...
Joel Comm talks the future of social media, bitcoin, and Google Ad Sense
Grant Baldwin discusses the five steps to creating a successful speaker career.
In this episode, I talk with Christy Wright of Business Boutique and Ramsey Solutions about how to start a business and grow a brand.